What is included on a Dalvaro Art Painting Holiday?(or what do you get for your money).
We try to include everything which we think you will require to make this an ideal painting course for you.
We supply all the heavy awkward painting accessories you will need, so you do not need to worry about carrying or packing these items. We also provide a very extensive absolutely free artists pack on your arrival at the studio. Which includes a choice of top quality paper and some of the paints you will require.
For the stay
- Accommodation is in our family home, Las Orquideas, not in an impersonal hotel.
- Accommodation on ground or first floor, to accommodate those with walking difficulties.
- Air conditioning in all ground floor rooms.
- A choice of twin or double, private en-suite room.
- Anti alergenic bedding.
- Choice of pillow type.
- Tea/coffee making fascilities in the rooms.
- Bathroom and pool towels.
- Hairdryers in each room.
- A selection of bathroom toiletries.
- Drinks and snacks freely available throughout the day while at Las Orquideas
- Free drinks included with all meals taken at Las Orquideas
- Breakfast every day at our villa Las Orquideas
- Lunch every day, either at the villa, a picnic on location or in a local bar / restaurant.
- Evening meal every day, either at the villa or in a local restaurant.
- Airport transfers.
- A discount for a sharing partner, this applies to painters and non-painters.
For the course
We realise that deciding to commit yourself to an unfamilar activity holiday can be an extremely daunting undertaking, particularly if it is your first venture.
The things to remember are that you will be joining a group with the same interest as yourself, you will probably not be the only first timer or single traveler.
At Dalvaro Art we will endeavour to make your holiday a happy, relaxing, instructive and enjoyably memorable experience. One which you will want to repeat time and time again.
If you are happy throughout your holiday with us then we have succeeded in our promise and are happy to have you return.
Here we have some tips to make your experience " THE BEST PAINTING HOLIDAY FOR YOU"
- The following is taken from an article in the The Leisure Painter and the Artist art courses and holiday supplement, written by Amanda Cooper, who has kindly given her permission for us to pass on this excellent advice.
How to make the most of your time away.
- -The best websites can be deceptive.
- -It is a case of what is left out, rather than what is included.
- -The best recommendation is word of mouth.
- -Google the tutor
- -Contact the tutor and the venue directly.
- -Ask about the itinerary and how often do you go out on location painting.
- -Ask how your kit is taken to the different locations, is it taken for you or do you have to carry it.
- -Ask if easels, stools or chairs are included in the price for when you go out on location painting.
- -Ask about the climate at the time you wish to go. Is there a studio for use in inclement weather.
- -If materials are offered enquire as to exactly which ones. Are cleaning materials included.
- -Check the small print to see if ALL meals are included and if alcohol is as well.
- -If you are sharing make sure that the twin room is a large twin room.
- -Check that airport transfers are included or do you have to find your own way to some isolated location in the middle of the night.