Anna Ivanova – Biography
Anna Ivanova was born in the ancient city of Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan. She has been painting since childhood. “Since I can remember I have always been painting”. Later she studied art with some of the most famous Russian and Chinese painters.
After a lot of hard studying she graduated from the Medical University of Kazan, getting the title “epidemiologist” got the certificate and then graduated at the Institute of Biomedical Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow. But even at this time of her life studying medicine, she managed to devote all her spare time to painting. A portrait she once made, as a birthday gift to her brother, won the top prize in watercolour at Zhujuajuao Shanghai International Watercolor Biennial in 2012, this award was the turning point in her life as an artist.
Currently working as a professor in the medical field and as an independent artist. The main focuses of her work are – portrait, landscape, still life and animals. Her favourite painting media are watercolor and oil. In recent years she has experimented with great creativity in a variety of materials. But of her most favourite materials are watercolor pigments Schminke (Germany) brand, which has the necessary transparency for her multi-layer technique and the papers of Saunders Waterford (England) and Fabriano Artistico (Italy) with a minimum weight of 300 gr. For oil painting she prefers Hummingbird (Russia) and oil painting brand Winsor & Newton (England), Van Gogh (Netherlands) and Daler Rowney for excellent colour and quality.
Exhibitions and awards:
- A participant and a winner of Shanghai International Watercolour Biennial 2012 A participant of The Biennial of St.Petersburg Watercolour sociaty 2013, Russia
- A participant and a winner of The Jubilee exhibition of Moscow Watercolour Sociaty 2013, Russia
- Invited artist at World Watercolor Exhibition in Thailand 2014
- Invited artist at International Watercolour, Greece 2014
- Invited artist at the exhibition «Masters of watercolor», St.Petersburg, Russia 2015
- A leader of Russia in watercolor at the exhibition «Fabriano in Acquarello», Italy 2015
- Invited artist at the exhibition «Re- interpretation 2015», Guilin, China 2015
- A participant at the exhibition «2015 The World Watercolor Trienniale», Seoul, South Korea 2015
- A participant at the exhibition “Castra 2015”, Slovenia 2015
- A participant of The Biennial of St.Petersburg Watercolour sociaty 2015, Russia